CEU’s Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) will be held on Wednesday, October 25th 5:00 pm -…
An election to fill the CEU Table Officer positions – one (1) President; one (1) Vice President; one (1) Treasurer; and one (1) Secretary – on the CEU Executive Committee will be held in October 2023.
Nominations for all positions will be OPEN for 10 working days commencing Monday, September 11, 2023, at 8:30 am.
- Nomination Forms will be available in the Forms folder of the Document Library in the MEMBERS AREA of the CEU website OR by emailing the Union Office at email@example.com starting September 11th, 2023.
- All nominations must be in writing (via nomination form) and signed by five (5) members in good standing. Nominations must be sent via email to Erin.Guy@worksafebc.com
- The CEU Secretary will verify the eligibility of the candidates in accordance with Articles 7 and 10 of the CEU’s Constitution. *
Nominations will CLOSE on Friday, September 22, 2023, at 4:30 pm.
- Prior to closure candidates must accept nominations in writing (via nomination form) to be emailed to the CEU Secretary.
- Nominations received after 4:30 pm will NOT be eligible.
- Candidates must submit their election bio (mandatory, up to 250 words) and a personal photo (optional) to CEU Secretary via email to Erin.Guy@worksafebc.com no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, September 22, 2023.
- Late election bios and nomination will not be accepted.
Voting for all positions will be OPEN for 7 working days commencing Monday, October 2nd, 2023, at 8:30 am.
- Voting will be done through an online ballot hosted by Simply Voting.
- On October 3rd, 2023, Simply Voting will send individual emails to all members that will contain a voting link and your unique identifier. When you access the voting site you must enter your unique identifier, which will take you to the ballot page. You will be able to see a picture of the candidate and read their election bio prior to casting your ballot from a link on the ballot page.
- Each unique identifier can only cast one ballot. Once a ballot is cast that unique identifier is deactivated, so you cannot change your selection. After you have voted, you will receive a receipt to confirm your vote was accepted by the system.
The Balloting Committee will receive the results from the provider on October 11th, 2023, at 4:30 pm. These results will be provided to the CEU Secretary and/or President. The CEU Secretary and/or President will advise the candidates and report the results to the membership.
Copies of the CEU Executive Elections Procedures Policy are available upon request. If you have any questions concerning the nomination and/or election process, please contact Erin Guy, CEU Secretary at Erin.Guy@worksafebc.com
* C&B art. 7: in order to be eligible for election to any Executive Officer position in this Union, the nominee must have attended a minimum of 50% of the Union meetings held in his/her locale in the twelve (12) months prior to nomination. Any member may be exempted from the attendance requirement of this Article if they were unable to attend fifty percent (50%) of said meetings because of illness, regular employment, or any other good cause. Any exemption system shall be uniformly and fairly applied.